Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Lincoln Highway 2012!

Get excited!  It's Lincoln Highway Arts Fest time!! Woo hoo!  Saturday September 22, from 9-4pm in Uptown Mt.Vernon, Iowa.  Totally worth the road trip.  We have around 40 artists lining the streets with their pottery, fabric, paintings, photography, jewelry, sculptures, fiber art...you name it!  Live music by Kodiak Flats too.  You will love it. 

I will be there with a load of windows, a few signs and some smaller framed artwork.  Hope to see you there! 



2 comments:

scott davidson said...

As an artist myself, I enjoy reading Philip Koch's sensitive writing about Edward Hopper and Andrew Wyeth, who along
with Whistler and Rothko, are my favorite American painters.

I don't live in the United States but have traveled and passed a short time there. But even with the little time spent
in your beautiful country, especially in small-town America, I can relate to some of the poetical feel that Hopper and
Wyeth had captured in their art, which is for me part of the attraction of their paintings.

Browsing at wahooart.com the other day, as I do now and then, I find a good selection of Edward Hopper's work,
http://EN.WahooArt.com/@/EdwardHopper ,in the
big archive of Western Art, that customers can order online for canvas prints and even hand-painted, oil-painting
reproductions can be made and sent to them.

Hopper's surrealistic and depersonalized world is there again. Timeless, yes, as it is still there now in the roadside cafes
and diners that I ate at all over America.

Tharami said...

Monet Canvas Art Large selection of Canvas art, giclee and canvas prints for a cheap price. Our Art is Better than GOOD.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Recent Comments