Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Painting what I want

 This is for a new little baby boy's room.  His bedding was similar and they asked me to match it, so I did.  I had to sneak in a baseball because the dad is a huge baseball fan, so I'm told.
I have gotten in to the habit of painting for other people (which I LOVE) and painting what I think will sell (which I also love, and so does my grocery bill) I had almost forgotten what it felt like to make something that I wanted to, just because.  It doesn't happen very often, but I just sat down last night at the table with my paints, some hot tea and good music and just painted.  I had no rhyme or reason, no one else to paint it for but I think it turned out great. I love color and movement in a painting and even though my husband thinks it looks weird, I painted it because I like the style and the colors.  It is for sale but I have peace knowing that it wasn't painted to sell.  I think I need to do that more often.......

1 comment:

A Dagenham Girl said...

you are a very talented lady. Judith

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Recent Comments